Video presentation for expert panel in Cyprus "Lefkonoikon Symposium", 2021
Andreas Lardos recorded a video presentation for a symposium on Lefkoniko, a contested village in Cyprus. The presentation discusses the problems faced in the identification of medicinal herbs that are mentioned in medieval sources. The symposium was amongst others attended by the President of the Republic of Cyprus and the Minister of Education, Sport and Youth. We had the opportunity to present our project to this audience, for whom it is of direct importance.
We are also grateful to the Commissioner for Overseas Cypriots and the Cypriot Ministry of Agriculture, who supported other public engagement activities related to our project.
This video would be of interest to scholars and the broader public with an interest in ethnopharmacology and pharmacognosy, and specifically the Cyprus area. It would be particularly suitable for school teachers.
Plants and Minerals in Byzantine Popular Pharmacy. A New Multidisciplinary Approach
Wellcome TrustFind out more...
- Traditional, complementary and integrative medicine not elsewhere classified
- Classical Greek and Roman history
- Environmental history
- European history (excl. British, classical Greek and Roman)
- Middle Eastern and North African history
- Historical studies not elsewhere classified
- Corpus linguistics
- Historical, comparative and typological linguistics
- Language documentation and description
- Lexicography and semantics
- Pharmacology and pharmaceutical sciences not elsewhere classified