Public engagement video on medicinal plants from Cyprus
Rebecca Lazarou originally recorded this video presentation for a symposium on Lefkoniko, a contested village in Cyprus. The presentation discusses the problems faced in the identification of medicinal herbs that are mentioned in medieval sources. The symposium was amongst others attended by the President of the Republic of Cyprus and the Minister of Education, Sport and Youth. We had the opportunity to present our project to this audience, for whom it is of direct importance.
We are also grateful to the Commissioner for Overseas Cypriots and the Cypriot Ministry of Agriculture, who supported other public engagement activities related to our project.
This scenesetter video is particularly suited for public engagement activities.
Plants and Minerals in Byzantine Popular Pharmacy. A New Multidisciplinary Approach
Wellcome TrustFind out more...
- Traditional, complementary and integrative medicine not elsewhere classified
- Classical Greek and Roman history
- Environmental history
- European history (excl. British, classical Greek and Roman)
- Historical studies not elsewhere classified
- Corpus linguistics
- Language documentation and description
- Lexicography and semantics
- Linguistics not elsewhere classified